Bryn Ffynnon is situated 1 mile from the traditional market town of Llanrwst in the small hamlet of Tafarn y Fedw. Its elevated position allows for stunning views across the countryside and the mountains of Snowdonia.
Built in the mid 1800s much of the original character has been preserved with internal stripped pine doors, the original Victorian tiles on the floor and an inglenook fireplace with woodburner in the sitting room.
The kitchen is a more recent addition but in full keeping with original building with quarry tiles on the floor and lovely old beams. It is fully fitted with modern shaker style units and even has a pantry. Whether you are a keen cook or just prefer the convenience of a microwave the kitchen is fully equipped with all the equipment necessary - there is even a bakestone should you wish to try your hand at making the famous Welsh Cakes (you'll find a Welsh recipe book in the bookcase).
The separate dining room has a large oak table for eating and games, a selection of books and games and all the local maps for the area so you can get to know the local area.
All 3 bedrooms have beautiful views. The master bedroom has a king sized oak bed and an en-suite shower room. There is a twin bedroom and a single bedroom which offers the maximum flexibility in sleeping arrangements. All single beds are full size and suitable for adults as well as children.
The family bathroom has a double ended bath with an over bath shower.
Bryn Ffynnon means "hill spring" in Welsh and the cottage is set into the hillside. The mature terraced garden is accessed by a flight of steps and has spectacular views across the Conwy Valley and Snowdonia. There is a slate paved terrace with a picnic table and parasol and one of the property highlights, Hafod, the Summerhouse. Hafod has it's own decked area and is a lovely place to sit in the evening to watch the sunset.
To help you enjoy your holiday to the fullest, the cottage offers the following:
- Oil fired central heating
- Woodburning stove in sitting room - starter pack of wood included
- TV with Freeview and integral DVD player
- Free Wi-Fi
- Electric oven and hob
- Fridge freezer
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Slimline dishwasher
- Selection of books, maps and games
- All bedlinen and towels are provided.
- There is off road parking for one car and space for a second car to be parked along the roadside. In addition the lockable garage is available for guest use but some larger cars will not fit inside. It is however an ideal place to store bicycles and trailers etc.
- There is a step up from both the sitting room and the dining room to the kitchen.
- Access to the rear gardens is by means of a flight of 11 steps with a gate at the top.
- The garden is terraced. As a result there are some steep drops. These have been fenced off but young children should be supervised
- The property has a septic tank
For availability, please check our calendar here.
Cottage Interior photographs by Dave O'Shea of Artistik